Monday, November 17, 2008

Moss Bluff

So I havent updated in a while and i finally have the chance...
I have started my first spike and im staying in the wonderful Moss Bluff, Louisiana... (note to everyone, There is nothing around, and nothing to do) but anyway my project is doing disaster relief or at least thats what its suppose to be... So far we have picked up a few piles of trash and shingled one roof.... the rest of the time is spent sitting around or driving. Our wonderful sponsor has pretty much just been giving us busy work cuz he cant think of anything else to have us do. Its a pretty boring work day we sit around for about an hour in the office every morning and wait for him to show up then he tells us to drive about an hour to pick up trash and then we are pretty much done for the day.... but besides that he is a really nice guy and has a great sense of humor... i just wish we actually did work. i feel so unproductive everyday and i dont like it. The only cool thing about the project is we get weekends off and we get a long weekend for the Thanksgiving Holiday.. Which if you dont already know i will be comming home for the holiday from 11/25 to 12/02 im excited my wonderful mother found me some cheap tickets to fly home... Another plus about being here is this amazing weather. For my Birthday it was about 85 degrees and that never happens back in good ole Niagara Falls.... it was great... I thats all i got for now dont really have pictures cuz i havent been taking any but im excited to see my family and boyfriend for thanksgiving I cant wait!!!!


"Trying to get things done"

2 comments:

Dana said...

Wooo Hoooo!!! See ya soon!

mom said...

Hey, I thought you wanted to surprise everyone. Can't wait to see your happy face.